Pl/SQL packages

From: Jay McDougal <jay_at_ee.net>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 22:50:20 -0400

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to develop a PL/SQL package without storing it in the database every time the package is compiled?

The eventual goal is to store every package in the database using the "CREATE OR REPLACE" command, but during the initial development and debugging process it is bothersome to store the package in the database every time it gets compiled.

Is there a different approach that I am not aware of? Does the procedure builder in Dev 2000 provide a tool for this? Received on Mon May 24 1999 - 21:50:20 CDT