Re: Insert Records - Performance Problem

From: G.H VITTAL <vittal_at_india.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 19:01:05 +0530

Are both production and development are identical in all aspects ? One reason may be due to disk contention. Are there too many indexes on the prodcution table which for every insert of a record to the table it has update all it's indexes ? Definitely production table will have more number of records. Check also the size of the rollback segments. regards
vittal