PL/SQL evaluating boolean expression

From: <yarch_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 01:16:50 GMT

Hi,
I'm writing a stored procedure where I'm given a boolean expression that I need to evaluate....and I get it as a string (varchar). Does Oracle provide and function or steps to evaluate such an expression? For instance, I can be given..

1 OR 0 --> i need to evaluate this to TRUE (1)......and so on.. 1 AND 1
(1 OR 0) AND 1
(1 AND 1) OR (0 OR 1)
The string will look just like this.....

I would appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks,
Mike
yarch_at_yarch.com