Re: Advice on hardware for running oracle 8 on nt

From: Andrew Babb <andrewb_at_mail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 08:03:53 +0800

Jim,

I believe that there is an Oracle sizer for COMPAQ, which might help you.

Also, if you are going to have 200 users on MTS, you might want to look at 1GB and not 512Mb. Remember that with MTS, the Session Memory is located inside the Oracle SGA and not on the client. If you are thinking of o8i and Java support, then look back at the previous threads. There have been some comments on the memory that o8i is taking.

Andrew