Re: Disk Setup for NT 4.0

From: Peizhong Wu <wupz_at_umich.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 16:17:51 -0400

I have similar problem to install Oracle8 in Sun E450 + Sun StoreEdge A1000  8X18GB, RAID 5). The book I have is Kevin Loney's Oracle 8 version, it explains very clearly about the disk layout, while it does not mention RAID at all.

As my impression, even with RAID 5, I still have to have couple of separate disks to store INDEX TABLESPACE, control file and rollback files. I will have the following layout:

 Disk1: Operating system
 Disk2: Oracle software
 Disk3: Index tablespace, control file2
 Disk4: control file1,