Re: WebDB on Linux

From: Jason Filby <jasonf_at_global.co.za>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 20:48:05 +0200

Hi

WebDB huh? I've never used that -- is it any good? Myself, I've been developing something to fit between the DB and the web server. Nice little project a call Bengal (after the Bengal Tiger) -- it's an API written in PL\SQL but requires Oracle8 because it makes heavy use of objects. Guess I liked writing web apps in PL\SQL too much and wasn't impressed with Designers lack of customization. Now I can write my web apps in PL\SQL with only a few lines of code...

I'll stop ranting now -- if anyone's interested in this give me an email.