Re: oracle buffer???

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 16:38:39 GMT

A copy of this was sent to "jgp" <jguzman_at_audifilm.com> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Mon, 24 May 1999 17:38:24 +0200, you wrote:

>Hi,
>I am trying to put the results of a select command into a file.
>The select is against a database table with data of type "long" and data are
>longer than 255 characters.
>The select works fine, and the file is created and filled, but not all the
>results are saved. It seems as if when an amount is reached, the results are
>saved in the file no longer, as if the "buffer" was full and the rest would
>be left "unattended" . Thus I get the information to the point then system
>"wants".
>
>Would anybody know what is the matter?
>Data: we are executing this command from a telnet session. Oracle is 7.3.4.
>for hpux 10.20.
>
>Thanks and regards
>Jorge Tomé

the amount of long data fetched and printed in sqlplus is controlled by:

SQL> set long N

so, if you

SQL> set long 50000

you'll get upto the first 50,000 bytes and so on

See http://www.oracle.com/ideveloper/ for my column 'Digging-in to Oracle8i'...

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Service Industries
Reston, VA USA

--
Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Mon May 24 1999 - 11:38:39 CDT