Re: how do I retrieve the function body of a user function thru SQL

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 13:21:57 +0200

Answers embedded below...

Hth,
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

Jerwynn wrote in message <37492EB6.7FD2873C_at_i-manila.com.ph>...
>Hi,
>
>Is there any way I can see the declaration of a stored user function or
>procedure
>by querying tables in Oracle catalog?

Yes, the user_source view has that info
>What tables store information about stored procedures, functions, and
>packages?

user_source and user_objects are the most important. The latter is especially useful to see which views, procedures, functions and packages have the status INVALID ie they didn't compile.
>Likewise, I have some problems with "create function" script
>SQL plus shows a warning message saying there were compilation errors...
>
>how do i know what specific error occurred?

By selecting from user_errors where name = <your function name> You might want to get software like toad or sql*navigator. You can use the dictionary to resolve compilation problems, but toad and sql*navigator are far more user-friendly