Re: Q: Oracle v. SQL Server

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 12:10:06 +0200

Charlie Elgholm wrote in message <7ib4lm$kpq$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...

>Ok, and now for the bad part:
>Oracle Application Server, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Oracle Discoverer,
>Oracle Sales Analyser, Oracle whatever.. Damn! Who the fuck made these
>programs?? I can tell you one thing, it was not the same guys that made
>the DB!

AMEN BROTHER! My thoughts and feelings exactly. Oracle is great ito of the back-end - hell, better than great. But their admin tools and development tools and tools for applications, tools for tools, applicationsfor tools and heaven knows what else, sucks, sucks!, SUCKS!!!!

Just look at Enterprise Manager that needs a repository - COME ON! Could they not just simply use the damn data in the dictionary without having to go and invent more meta data?

Forms <shudder>. Think of a VB. Then think of VB being bitten by a dog. A little pooper you know. Those kinds that old ladies like to dress up in baby blue and pink doggie jerseys they knitted themselves. Only this little dog has has rabies. A severe case of it...

OK, now where did I put my medication? That with a bottle of the finest Tennessee whiskey and you get to accept the Oracle front-end stuff. Damn, I hate these lapses into soberness... ;-)

regards,
Billy Received on Mon May 24 1999 - 05:10:06 CDT