Re: string > 255 bytes through dynamic pl/sql

From: Charlie Elgholm <charlie.elgholm_at_afs.skandia.se>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 09:06:44 GMT

In article <37485615.0_at_news.proweb.co.uk>,   "tim moger" <tmoger_at_proweb.co.uk> wrote:
> does anyone know how to parse and execute a string more than 255
characters
> long through dynamic pl/sql
>
> I am trying to insert into a large table (about 50 columns) and the
string
> is becoming rather long.
>
> cheers

What is your problem? A string longer than 255 characters can PL/SQL handle. All the way up to 32767 characters (long).

--
The views expressed herein may be the views of my company, I don't know, ask them..

--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==-- ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.--- Received on Mon May 24 1999 - 04:06:44 CDT