Re: Help with install of Oracle 7.3 on NT

From: Julio Negueruela <julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 10:14:21 +0200

Rafe Slattery escribió:
> =

> I am trying to reinstall the above (after a nesseccary BFI removal) and=
> am constantly getting the error message
> =

> nmp23.vrf(0) FILE NOT FOUND while verifying nmp23
> =

> How do I get rid of this error?

set up the following environment vars:

ORACLE_BASE the top Oracle software directory structure
ORACLE_SID Oracle instance name
ORACLE_HOME the directory that contains Oracle soft.
LD_LIBRARY_PATH normaly $ORACLE_HOME/lib ORA_NLS33 if the character set is not US7ASCII. $ORACLE_HOME/ocommon/nls/admin/data
PATH the search path
TMPDIR a directory with no less than 40MB of free space.

every var are OS dependant so I strongly recommend to take a look at your instalation guide. You must ensure you've got some os utilities installed (they appear too in your instalation guide).

Hope this help.
-- =

Julio Negueruela
DBA Servicio Informático

Universidad de La Rioja      -      Spain
Telf: 941-299179     Fax: 941- 299180

mailto:julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es Received on Mon May 24 1999 - 03:14:21 CDT