Oracle 8i NT Server and Net8 Win95 Client

From: Nobody <roland_g_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 04:31:37 GMT

I'm kinda new with Oracle 8i (well, actually Oracle) and found the install thingy a bit complicated compared with MS SQL, Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise and DB2/2...

I usually install them without reading up on docs and stuffs, and since they are mostly intuitive I didn't have any much problem with the other database systems...

Anyway, I'm quite happy with how Oracle 8i was able to install and configure itself on my server (now with intuitive helps/tips as compared to the old 8.0.5 setup which didn't have any info on what the db names it created)... But, I'm having some problems setting up the Programming/Clients on Win 95 machines (I got it working on Win 98)... It keeps giving Credential Retrieval errors when I'm configuring under Net 8 Assistant.. any tips for this Oracle Newbie?

--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==-- ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.--- Received on Sun May 23 1999 - 23:31:37 CDT