Re: New at Oracle, How...?

From: Andrew Babb <andrewb_at_mail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 10:12:20 +0800

Hi,

If you are new to Oracle, I would suggest starting of at the SQL level, and just getting to know the structure of queries under Oracle. While you are doing this, you can also discover the Data Dictionary, which you will probably find useful.

Once you are upto date with the basics, then the choice is yours. Do you want to go the Application Development route, or the Database route. If you choose Application Development, then you will need to obtain Developer/2000 and possibly Designer/2000. If you go the Database route, then you will need to learn the basics of the database (database v datafiles v tablespaces), storage of the different types of objects available, backup and recovery, tuning, etc...

Rgds
Andrew

BTW - I am from the DBA side of the table.