Re: Oracle 8i

From: Andreas Doerler <ad_at_vlbg.at>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 12:18:10 +0100

hi,

i just gave the 8.1.5 a test on windows nt: export 3 GB Database from 7.3.3 (digital unix) import into a ibm netfinity 5500 1GB memory 2 processors 2x RAID1 4GB

no problems installing/importing/running the database performance was quite good (only windows nt as a bottleneck :-) enterprise manager also worked smoothly.

8i seems to be quite stable.

(but i will migrate our production db to 8.0.5.1 on digital unix)