Re: Solaris: How to make a new instance

From: Gerard H. Pille <ghp_at_skynet.be>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 06:18:51 +0200

Having a look at the installation guide would be wise.

Otherwise, suppose you want to create a database-instance called RTFM:

have $ORACLE_HOME/bin on your path
export ORACLE_SID=RTFM
create the initRTFM.ora file, in which, amongst others, you specify the db-name
start svrmgrl
connect internal
startup nomount pfile=.../initRTFM.ora (or just startup nomount if pfile is in $ORACLE_HOME/dbs)
create database RTFM ...

Gerard (this is my name, please don't execute me)

kgorman_at_match.com heeft geschreven in bericht <7i43i8$361$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...