export-import

From: Naushi Hussain <Naushi.Hussain_at_Alliedsignal.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 20:22:51 -0700

we imported data from a server A to server B (brand new server). We checked storage and the total tablespace used bumped from 350mb to 450 mb. Then we imported data from server B to server A after rebuilding the tablespace on server A about 540mb. When we checked storage on server A it bumped to 630mb. Why is this happening. Is import fragmenting the data. We checked individual datafiles and they are full.

Can anyone explain Received on Fri May 21 1999 - 22:22:51 CDT