Re: Inserted value too large for column ? What column ?

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 13:31:09 -0500

>When I try to do an INSERT statement with more than 100 columns,
>I get the 'Inserted value too large for column ' Message ...
>
>How can I get to know the column causing the problem ?

Assuming you are inserting into a table called FOO, you can issue the DESCRIBE FOO command. This will tell you the columns that make up the table FOO and the size of each column. From there, you can compare to the values you are trying to insert into each column and find the culprit.

Hope that helps,
Brian Peasland
peasland_at_msn.com Received on Fri May 21 1999 - 13:31:09 CDT