Re: Create instance : insuficient privileges for internal

From: <kgorman100_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 17:12:28 GMT

I am not sure what you are doing w/ the registry, but here is how I would attack it for what it's worth:

At the command line:

SET ORACLE_SID=net1
SVRMGR30 SVRMGR> CONNECT INTERNAL/oracle
(should say connected, or connected to an idle instance depending..) SVRMGR> STARTUP nomount pfile=pathto initnet1.ora (should then start)

I believe you are connected to the wrong SID and that is why the password is not the correct internal password.

If this does not work, try looking at your password file and verifying the account.

my 1.5 cents.

In article <37457618_at_news2.newsfeeds.com>,   "San LUC" <san_at_a2c.fr> wrote:
> I use Oracle8 Release 8.0.4.0.0. under NT4
>
> I would like to a database by using ORADIM80 and SVRMGR30.
>
> I do this :
>
> - put ORACLE_SID = NET1 by using regedit.exe
>
> - oradim80 -new -sid NET1 -intpwd oracle -pfile
> F:\oracle\applinet1\admin\pfile\initnet1.ora
>
> - running svrmgr30 and connect as internal : "connect
internal/oracle"

> - under svrmgr30 : "startup nomount
> pfile=F:\oracle\applinet1\admin\pfile\initnet1.ora"
>
> - And then, I have a message "insuficient privileges"
>
> Does anyone know this problem ?
>
> Thank

> http://www.newsfeeds.com The Largest Usenet Servers in the
World!