Oracle 8i on Linux (sqlplus - core dumped)

From: Nick Jennings <njennings_at_valuestar.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 08:50:27 -0700

hello,

    I'm new to Oracle, and im installing 8i on a RedHat linux 5.2 machine.

As far as I can tell I went through the installation sucessfully, i did a default install with the sample database, and all the Environment variables seem to be set correctly etc. ( the installation didnt complain about any problems. )

i cant seem to get into SQL Plus, this small manual that came with the CD doesnt realy cover getting into oracle, it seems to go from the installation & post installtion to configuring from inside SQL, only briefly convering setting up sql, but doesnt really say whats to be done to properly run it.

whenever i run sqlplus is gets a segmentation fault and dumps the core.

im finding myself fairly clueless as to what to do next, im a moderately experience linux sysadmin but when it comes to Oracle im fairly uneducated. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated!

If you need to know specific info i can provide it, right now i just dont know what you'd need to look at to get an idea of what im doing wrong.

Nick Jennings : njennings_at_valuestar.com Systems Technician / Linux Administrator ValueStar, Inc. Received on Fri May 21 1999 - 10:50:27 CDT