Setting the env. / oraperl question

From: Jared Hecker <jhecker_at_iago.nac.net>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 12:56:28 GMT

Hi -

I am planning a script that will have to:

  1. select info from an oracle database (via oraperl - I know how to do this), then
  2. change an environmental variable and do some work (loop iteration 1, ENV=xxx, run scripts; loop iteration 2, ENV=yyy, run scripts; etc.).

My question is, when I set an environmental variable from perl and then use a system call to run another app (in this case SQL*Plus), does the environmental variable setting hold for the called app's environment?

(If it's convenient, e-mail will reach me faster.)

TIA - Regards,
jh
--

Jared Hecker	| HWA Inc. - Oracle architecture and Administration
jared_at_hwai.com	|  ** serving NYC and New Jersey **