how to make a cursor variable from a index-by plsql table?

From: <hchen_at_time-0.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 18:08:57 GMT

Hi,
This is a re-post of my question yesterday - this problem has been driven me crazy. If the results stored in a index-by plsql table can not be returned by a cursor, I have to rewrite the whole package! Here is the question:
I have an index-by plsql table of records(We are using Oracle 7.3). It is well structured, and can be passed through several functions within the package. The last step requires me to make a cursor variable out from this table, and return this cursor to my java code, in which this plsql package is called.
I have tried every way I can think of. I did read the plsql manual of 8i, it said nested plsql tables can be SQL manipulated, but this feature is not available in my 7.3.
Is there any way to work around, or am I hitting the limit of 7.3?

: open return_this_cursor_to_java
: for select bom_id, bom_type_code
: from bom
: where last_userid IN (select userid from

my_index_by_plsql_table);
It is a compile error.  This does not work also:

: where last_userid IN (my_index_by_plsql_table);

Any hint would be approciated!
Thanks a LOT.
Hang Chen

--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==-- ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.--- Received on Thu May 20 1999 - 13:08:57 CDT