external function problem

From: Fredrik Antonsson <pt96fan_at_student.hk-r.se>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 17:20:44 GMT

Hi,
I call an external function in oracle8 in a trigger like this (where converter is the lib) :

value1 float;
value2 float;

converter.myfunktion(value1, value2);

new:myval1 := value1;
new:myval 2 := value2;

The function is a c function which sets the values by reference. It works fine when I work with floats but I would like to use int instead but this doesn't work. What shall I declare value1 and value2 as when I wish to send them as integers, I have tried a couple of different datatypes but the only thing I gets back from the c function is 0. Can it bee somthing I have to change in the c-function, can't I return the values as int by reference in the c-function?

  Fredrik Antonsson, Ronneby - Sweden Received on Thu May 20 1999 - 12:20:44 CDT