Re: intermittent commits

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_hbsrx.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 11:12:32 -0400

Hi Doug,

Have you considered using PL/SQL with outer and inner loops? Outer loop will handle the entire table by repeatedly calling the inner loop (which can to the updates) and a commit every time the inner loop is completed.

I think this is a cleaner solution that is simpler to implement and maintain.

regards

Jerry Gitomer