Re: Disk Usage

From: Julio Negueruela <julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 16:45:03 +0200

g.renfrew_at_acca.org.uk escribió:

> My query is this: I was under the impression that it was only the
> datafiles/redologs (all on other partitions) which would be accessed by=

> an application. Are there files in the /ORACLE partition (or where
> ever Server software is installed) which is read a lot by application?
> It is Finacials which is using the database.

In the Kevin Loney's Oracle DBA Handbook (spanish version), in chapter four, talking about OFA architecture, he always keeps separated oracle software from application soft. and db files. I think he'll have good reasons. ;)
 =

Hope this help.
-- =

Julio Negueruela
DBA Servicio Informático

Universidad de La Rioja      -      Spain
Telf: 941-299179     Fax: 941- 299180

mailto:julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es Received on Thu May 20 1999 - 09:45:03 CDT