Re: Calling dbshut for backup

From: miriam <miriamp_at_NOSPAM.dds.nl>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 16:33:13 +0100

Sam Jordan wrote:
> > > Which Oracle version are you using?

> I use 8.0.5. on Linux Suse6.
>
> > I know it depends on your work environment but may be shutdown
> > transactional can help Sam Jordan.
>
> What do you mean with shutdown transactional? I thought that normal,
> immediate and abort are the only options for the shutdown command?
> I got the hang-ups both for normal and immediate mode. The latter one
> basically should kick all logged users resp. rollback their
> transactions, at least that's my current knowledge.

Shutdown transactional is new in Oracle 8, so you must be able to use it.

To quote my Student Quide:

Shutdown mode a i t n

Allow new connections			-	-	-	-
Wait until current sessions end		-	-	-	y
Wait until current transactions end	-	-	y	y
Force a checkpoint and close files	-	y	y	y

Shutdown mode:

a = abort
i = immediate
t = transactional
n = normal

Hope this helps,

Miriam Received on Thu May 20 1999 - 10:33:13 CDT