Re: Calling dbshut for backup

From: Julio Negueruela <julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 13:00:30 +0200

Ermanno Giovanetto escribió:
> =

> Which Oracle version are you using?
> =

> I had the same problem on Oracle 8.0.5 64 bits on an HP-UX 11.00 machin=
e,
> and I found an Oracle bulletin that said that the IMMEDIATE option has =
a bug
> and sometimes hangs.
> I noticed that some instances don't have this problem whilke other inst=
ances
> on same machine do.
> =

> So I use the ABORT option, then startup in restricted mode and finally
> shutdown normal

I know it depends on your work environment but may be shutdown transactional can help Sam Jordan.

Hope this help.
-- =

Julio Negueruela
DBA Servicio Informático

Universidad de La Rioja      -      Spain
Telf: 941-299179     Fax: 941- 299180

mailto:julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es Received on Thu May 20 1999 - 06:00:30 CDT