OracleServiceSID - shutdown question

From: miriam <miriamp_at_NOSPAM.dds.nl>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 12:02:11 +0100

Hi there,

First of all, I want to mention that I just started with the Oracle DBA things only two months ago...

 Is it true that if you stop the oracle services that it does a shutdown abort? I tried to find the answer in the docu, but couldn't find anything except that it does a shutdown when you stop the service.

Here at my work I have an NT workstation on which a Oracle 7.3.4 database is running. It's a developers db and I'm the only one who uses it. (It's just for me to find out how other people made it and why it doesn't do what it should do... ;-)

Today I was looking at some log files, especially the orclALRT.log and I found out that I've had had all sorts of problems and recoveries without even noticing it... and suddenly I remembered something someone wrote or said about NT and OracleServices. Received on Thu May 20 1999 - 06:02:11 CDT