Re: Help needed-- free space in tables

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 08:43:35 +0100

It is worth pointing out that the dbms_space pacakge also allows you to determine how many blocks are on the segment free lists - if you are prepared to take the hit of Oracle walking the free list.

Of course even this doesn't tell you how many are empty, only the number that are below the HWM have dropped below PCTUSED at some point and have still not got back to PCTFREE.

However, it is a piece of information that can help you to make a decision about whether or not you need to cater for adding a further extent to a segment.

--

Jonathan Lewis