Re: error 0126, the specified module could not be found

From: miriam <miriamp_at_NOSPAM.dds.nl>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 09:58:59 +0100

Hi,

Well, I'm just a starter with Oracle things and I don't know anything of this errormessage but I do know how to set the registry (it's also somewhere in the manual...). I think that if you want a more exact answer, you should tell as things like: When exactly do you get this message, wich versions do you run. I assume you use NT because of the service and registry things.

Tombo71 wrote:
> I thought I would be the only one getting this error. It's nice to know I'm not
> completely stupid, which is how I feel. So, how do I remedy this error, change
> the registry value of Oracle_SID ? What if there is none ?

You can do it with the GUI (run Oradim) or just do the following: Run: oradim73 -NEW -SID sidname -INTPWD password -STARTMODE auto PFILE location_of_pfile

Or make the key in the registry within the Oracle directory: Oracle_sid = "SIDNAME"

> AND, what if I don't see the OracleStartService in Services , but I do see the
> one I created 'OracleServiceABCD' ?

You can't have the service working if there is no OracleStartABCD. So, you have to do the oradim stuff first (or start the database manually with svrmgr).

Hope this gets you in the right direction,

Miriam Received on Thu May 20 1999 - 03:58:59 CDT