Re: OracleServiceSID error, help

From: Keith Shum <kshum105_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 07:23:58 GMT

I think I have this problem on Oracle7 before, what I have done to fix this problem is to clean up all the database related stuff, and created the database again. Looks like Oracle7 is kind of having troubles with the services.
Also, one thing very important, you need to make sure that OracleStart, and OracleService are both running before you connect to the database. One last thing is that I have never having this kind of problems happen on Oracle8 and Oracle8i as well.
In article <01bea202$dd933900$35a035c6_at_tiger>,   "Zhenming" <zmwang_at_maloca.com> wrote:
> I have just installed Oracle 7.3.4 Enterprise Edition in NT Server.
After
> using SQL Net Easy configuring , I tried to use Oracle, but I found I
could
> not log in using any users. So checked Service on Control Panel. The
> service was not started. I tried to start it but failed, I got the
message
> "error 0126, the specified module could not be found'. I went to the
> command line, issued the command: Net start OracleServiceORCL, since
the
> default SID is ORCL, but I got the same error.
> I have installed several times in NT environment, but never failed
before,
> the only difference is this time I use NTFS, instead of FAT16. I
don't
> know why I cannot start the Oracle Service and Oracle Listener and
Oracle

--

Keith Shum @>~>~
kshum_at_iLux.com