Re: password files

From: wozi <wozi_at_dhc.net>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 03:06:39 -0700

First question:
The password file used depends on which instance is started. e.g. startup pfile=initPROD.ora or initTEST.ora

Second question:
exclusive settings requires a dedicated server configuration. meaning a single instance is connecting to the database. In this case, you grant SYSDBA to multiple users. Remember, SYSDBA is automatically granted to both the
SYS and INTERNAL users.

SHARED settings assumes that multiple instances will be accessing a single database. In this case, SYSDBA can only be used by SYS and INTERNAL users. You cannot grant SYSDBA to other users.

hope that helps
wozi_at_dhc.net

<3742c5b9.4262128_at_netnews.worldnet.att.net>...