Re: Partitioned view question

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 21:54:41 +0100

Have you set the init.ora parameter:

    partition_views_enabled=true ?

Have you analyzed the table so that the optimizer realises they are large enough to make the overhead of partition elimination worthwhile ?

If this doesn't help, then there is a document on my website that might be worth a quick look.

--

Jonathan Lewis

Gregert Johnson wrote in message <37431728.3337E479_at_ctron.com>...
>Hello -
>
>We are trying to implement partitioned views under Oracle 7.3 running on
Solaris. Our problem is that after defining tables which
>are the components of a view and adding constraints which define the
partition ranges (check clauses on the partitioning column),
>we've not been able to get the query optimizer to choose a table to scan -
it always scans all tables in the view when parsing a