Re: SQLREORG

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_hbsrx.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 15:13:29 -0400

Hi,

    I don't know how DB2 stores data, but Oracle doesn't keep data in order (unless you specify an ordered load). So, if the bulk of your data base activity uses the indexes instead of doing full table scans all you have to do is rebuild your indexes to improve performance.

    If actual reorganization of your data is required because you do a lot of full table scans (sometimes you just can't change the applications and the users) the Oracle export and import utilities will do what you need. If you use them check into the DIRECT option since export runs several times faster if you can use DIRECT.

regards

Jerry Gitomer

<01bea1f8$17cfac80$a12c6394_at_J00679271.ddc.eds.com>...