Re: Multiple Oracle databases on Windows NT

From: Vitaliy Mogilevskiy <vit100gain_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 12:59:21 -0700

Hello,

Here are the steps to accomplish this:
1. ORADIM73 -NEW -SID PROD -INTPWD MANAGER -STARTMODE AUTO -PFILE D:\ORANT\DATABASE\INITPROD.ORA 2. SET ORACLE_SID=PROD
   SET LOCAL=2:PROD
   SVRMGR23 @CRDB.SQL DESC:
1. Creates OracleServicePROD which starts the instance 2. Creates the Database under the new instance

It's been a while since I've done it on NT, but I have saved Batch files so I am sure that the above two steps will work on 7.3.4, because that's what I've used. I know there is a way of creating the second Service which will start the database automatically, but I never used it (had no need to)

Please note that to start newly created database you will have to set your ORACLE_SID and LOCAL to the corresponding instance. So if you have multiple databases you'll have to re set those ENV's before starting the databases.

You can also type ORADIM73 and use Oracle's GUI version to create a new instance

| Vitaliy Mogilevskiy                                         |
| Senior Consultant                                           |
| CORE Technology Group, Inc.                                 |
| E-mail:    vit100gain_at_earthlink.net                         |
| Fax :      (707) 516-2163                                   |
| Web Page:  http://home.earthlink.net/~vit100gain/index.html |
|            *** Free DBA Script Library at my Web Page ***   |