Re: SQL server Vs Oracle

From: Jeff Jones <jjones4_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 13:44:40 -0400

>Probably the same as anywhere else where there is an anglo-saxon
>cultural background.
>
>Me neither. Probably because these religious arguments and fanatical
>defences come out from the US who was originally colonised by religious
>fanatics.

Are we talking about the same US that saved Australia from the Japanese in WWII, Europe twice in this century, established the first free nation in modern history, and turned back a very real Soviet threat? The same US whose Navy and AIr Force that Australia and the rest of the Pacific RIm depended on to defend them from the Soviets? The same US that has established more hospitals and schools in other countries than any other culture? The same US where the poorest people live a higher standard of living than the middle class in many countries, and liver freer than any people on earth? People by the millions try to come to the US illegally every year - I guess because of the terrible society that our backwards Judeo-Christian roots have given us. How many people are trying to move to Australia?

Or are we talking about that awful Anglo-Saxon culture that gave us the Magna Carta, with the concept that laws apply to all people, including royalty?

>What can I say? Cultural backgrounds...
Try saying thanks that you don't have to speak Japanese or Russian. :)

Jeff Jones Received on Wed May 19 1999 - 12:44:40 CDT