File locked under OAS

From: Hi <hichan_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 15:46:14 GMT

Running OAS 4 on NT 4. Have some very complicated reports generated and written to .htm files midnight every day. However, I notice if someone EVER opened the html file, UTL_FILE package can not write to this file any more until restart OAS. Notice, even a guy closed the browser after opening this html file, it's still locked by OAS. But, I can edit it by using notepad.

I don't believe this is the NT issue, as I can del or rename any html file under IIS even though it's being read.

My question is,

Whether this is the general behavior of OAS under NT, or this is because of UTL_FILE package?

--

Hi Chan