OracleServiceSID error, help

From: Zhenming <zmwang_at_maloca.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 14:19:11 GMT

I have just installed Oracle 7.3.4 Enterprise Edition in NT Server. After using SQL Net Easy configuring , I tried to use Oracle, but I found I could not log in using any users. So checked Service on Control Panel. The service was not started. I tried to start it but failed, I got the message "error 0126, the specified module could not be found'. I went to the command line, issued the command: Net start OracleServiceORCL, since the default SID is ORCL, but I got the same error. I have installed several times in NT environment, but never failed before, the only difference is this time I use NTFS, instead of FAT16. I don't know why I cannot start the Oracle Service and Oracle Listener and Oracle start, all the three Oracle services. Can anyone explain me something and give me some hints or methods to solve this problem.

Zhenming Received on Wed May 19 1999 - 09:19:11 CDT