Distributed Database Failure

From: Thushara <thusha_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 03:02:19 +1000

Hi Everyone

Is there any one who can give me some hints about the problem described below, please ?

I am looking for methods available to cater for a database site failure situation in distributed environment.

For example, Lets say a distributed database has 5 sites. if a one site (i.e.. site 3) fails due to some unexpected situation, is there any way of dynamically linking all the clients attached to the site 3 to another active site ? This attachment can be done by using an intermediate device which switch the clients of failed site to another active site. But, again it is necessary to maintain the consistency across sites (i.e.. by replication).

I like to know is there any methods available to cater for a situation I described above or does anyone have any hints of how to do that, please ?

If you have any information or hints, Please email me on thusha_at_ozemail.com.au

Thank you very much in advance

Thusha Received on Tue May 18 1999 - 12:02:19 CDT