Re: SQL server Vs Oracle

From: Arvin Meyer <a_at_m.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 22:16:10 -0400

In considering training, one thing that is often forgotten is that many employees have home systems that are more powerful than the ones they use at work. That was always the case at every job (computer-related or not) that I ever had. Training was never an issue except on specific company apps, and then it was an hour or 2 at most.

When I rollout an app, I budget one day of training for users. It never takes that long. Your 2 to 3 hour figure is pretty accurate. Within the first 30 days, I usually get one 15 minute support call per user. ---
Arvin Meyer
onsite_at_esinet.net