Re: Best Oracle DBA Certification Study Guide

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_netaxis.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 17:30:40 -0400

The New Riders Guide does not have enough information to get you to the point where you could pass the test.
The Exam Cram books are a good cram AFTER you have done your other studying. The Exam Cram sample tests are easier than the actual tests. The Couchman book has a lot of information but very, very many typos and script errors.
For the concepts test, download the Oracle concepts guide from their web site.
For the backup and recovery test use the Oracle Press backup and recovery book.

I have a set of four CDs from Oracle/Netg - one for each test. The sample test questions on these CDs closely match the actual test questions. I'm asking $1100 for the four which is significantly less than they cost. A lot of money, but I wanted to pass the tests and they really helped.

Van

<7hs8sk$3q14$1_at_newssvr01-int.news.prodigy.com>...