Segmentation Faults under RedHat 6.0

From: Patrick Bohan <pbohan_at_indiana.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 15:54:07 -0500

I have a RedHat 6.0 distribution of Linux that I'm trying to get Oracle8 installed on. I have been following several guides on how to get Oracle8 installed on a Linux box, but I keep getting the same error, towards the end of the installation:

Error during action 'Running crdborcl0.sql'.

Command: /db/home/bin/svrmgrl start <<! @/db/admin/orcl0/create/crdborcl0.sql
exit
!

When I go to a shell and try to run the svrmgrl, I get a segmentation fault. Is there something I am perhaps overlooking, or is this a known occurance?

Thanks,
Patrick Bohan Received on Tue May 18 1999 - 15:54:07 CDT