Re: DB Block Size

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 20:43:34 +0100

I once built a 4Tb database on a 2K block size because that was the best size for the data and its acquisition pattern.

The biggest issue about block size to most people is the possible conflict between Oracle blocksize, file-system blocksize, and LVM block size and device block size.

The best solution is to check whether your kit works best at any particular block size(s) before going through the hassle of change.

(there is a little C code on my website that may be useful).

--

Jonathan Lewis