ODBC problems

From: <darrenreynolds2213_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 17:16:30 GMT

Thanks to anyone who can give us the faintest clue what is going on here.

We have Oracle 8.0.5 on the server, and two ODBC drivers on our Windows NT clients:

Microsoft ODBC for Oracle 2.573.292700
Oracle ODBC Driver 8.00.0500

We are using ADODB 1.5 or 2.0 - both give the problems - and Visual Basic v5.0 SP3.

If we open a connection using the first driver, we can open recordsets most of the time. But occasionally, a simple statement like "SELECT * FROM SmallTable" will generate an error "Errors occurred", and that's about as far as we can get. Any idea what causes this?

If we open a connection using the second driver and ADO 1.5, ActiveX comes back
with "Method 'Open' of object '_Recordset' failed", whilst with ADO 2.0, no error is generated, but our recordsets never contain any records. Any ideas on this one?

We're all pretty experienced programmers, so this is really p*g us off. HELP!

Darren

--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==-- ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.--- Received on Tue May 18 1999 - 12:16:30 CDT