Niemiec - Oracle Tuning Book Out

From: Rniemic <rniemic_at_aol.com>
Date: 18 May 1999 16:46:11 GMT

I have had many questions as to when this will be out. It is finally out. It was supposed to be 300 pages ... ended up being 900 pages... the perfectionist in me is both a curse and a blessing. A lot of pain along with 10+ years of tuning experience is in it. All the x$, v$ and init.ora's including the undocumented. Also, estat/bstat, all of the join tuning (nested loops, hash joins, merge joins with diagrams), a chapter on hints, disk I/O, UNIX

monitoring, Oracle's Tuning Pack, what's new in 8i and a lot more.  Worth
reading ... not sure that it was worth writing.   If you have it ... your
feedback is appreciated.  The goal was to the share the knowledge...never
though it would be that painful. Sorry that it's over a year late. But now it is out and available online. Make sure that you read the introduction if you do have one now.

All the best in your tuning efforts,
- Rich Niemiec, niemiecr_at_tusc.com Received on Tue May 18 1999 - 11:46:11 CDT