Tablespaces and datafiles, maxsize - newbie

From: miriam <miriamp_at_NOSPAM.dds.nl>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 11:40:20 +0100

Hi there,

There are several tablespaces and datafiles here (as usual) an example of how they were created:

create tablespace app1
datafile 'c:\app_i\oracle\app1.ora'
size 30 M
autoextend on
next 5 M
maxsize 50 M
default storage....

When I look to the actual size of the datafile, it has become something like 350 M.
How is this possible? I thought that Maxsize was the maxsize of the datafile.

TIA, Miriam Received on Tue May 18 1999 - 05:40:20 CDT