Re: rollback segment reached maximum extent

From: Rich Goldkamp <RJGoldka_at_dcss.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 21:45:40 GMT

There's a gotcha with the COMPRESS=Y option on export. You will not gain the benefit of consolidating your objects into single extents unless you drop them prior to importing them; otherwise, the initial and next extent specifications remain as they are prior to the export.

Cheers,
Rich

In article <01be9fd2$d3b42660$5011eec3_at_default>,   "GDN" <gert.deneve_at_advalvas.be> wrote:
> For your rollback segments -> Use the "optimal" option.
>
> For your export. If you tell exp to do so, it will compress all the
data
> of a table into
> one big initial extent when you import the data. So yes, an exp/imp
can
> help you.
>
> Gert
>
> kgsudhi_at_my-dejanews.com wrote in article <7hm3u4$f32
$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...

--

Rich Goldkamp, Consultant, OCP		RJGoldka_at_dcss.com
Digital Consulting & Software Services	(504) 523-5005 x2736

--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==-- ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.--- Received on Mon May 17 1999 - 16:45:40 CDT