Re: DBMS.JOB problem

From: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 21:24:27 GMT

On Mon, 17 May 1999 11:51:39 -0400, Doug Cowles <dcowles_at_bigfoot.com> wrote:

>I just created a brand new user on a brand new tablespace, and did a
>fromuser/touser
>import. I got the following message:
>
>IMP-00017 - following statement failed with ORACLE error 1:
>.... sys.dbms_ijob.submit......
>IMP-00003 - ORACLE error 1 encountered
>unique constraint (SYS.I_JOB_JOB) violated
>at SYS.DBMS_IJOB, line 113.
>
>I suppose this is happening because you can only have unique job numbers
>at the instance level? So there are other jobs in the instance with the
>same number?

Yes, in your case obviously some of the allready submited jobs have the same job_ids as the exported jobs had on another instance. Import tries to submit imported jobs with the same ids as they originally had. If a job with the same id allready exists in your database, you get the above error.

>Is there a way around this or do jobs have to be re-submitted?

AFAIK the ony sollution is to manualy resubmit the fallen jobs.

>Thanks,
>Dc.

HTH,
Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Certified Oracle7 DBA (OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Mon May 17 1999 - 16:24:27 CDT