DB Assistant won't start

From: TwoSheds <kevin.porter_at_fast.no>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 11:15:34 +0100

I have installed Oracle8 on my NT workstation, but cannot get the Oracle Database Assistant to work. When I choose it from my start menu, a window appears which says

"Oracle Database Assistant.

Version 1.0

Nothing happens after this, the window stays on the screen. DBAssist is listed as a process in the Task Manager, apparently using 264K of memory, but doing absolutely nothing.
Killing the process does not even remove the window from the screen. What is going on, please?

Please help - it's complicated enough learning Oracle without essential applications refusing to work! Received on Mon May 17 1999 - 05:15:34 CDT