Re: Largest Oracle8 on NT box?

From: dale booher <dbooher_at_speedchoice.com>
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 22:04:28 -0700

I have worked with an Oracle 7.x database of about 140-145 GB on NT. The server was a Dell 4 300 Mhz pros with 1 GB memory. Most of the applications did nothing more than reference packages and these did most of the work. We pinned the largest and most used packages in memory and any triggers of any substance did nothing but reference procedures to reduce the workload caused by the triggers being recompiled on each firing. By allowing the packages to do most of the work, we also made our applications far less platform dependant.

We had significant problems with the applications prior to implementing the packages and new triggers. Also, the vast majority of our objects were read-only.

DB