LSNRCTL won't start as init (RC3) script

From: Todd Freeman <todd_at_coolgeeks.com>
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 10:34:44 -0400

I have been trying to get a Sun (Solaris 2.7) server to start the Listener as part of the server init. I have tried placing the script in RC3.d as well as inittab. In both cases a error is returned that a file can not be found.

However, Once I log in as root or other authorized user I can run the script and the listener starts fine and I am able to connect from clients. It looks something like this:

#SqlNet6 listener startup script
#!/bin/sh

$ORACLE_HOME/bin/lsnrctl start

exit 0 Received on Sun May 16 1999 - 09:34:44 CDT